Any Other Programs Other Then FRAPS? Plz Help!

Started by
15 comments, last by LiquidBlue 20 years, 6 months ago
Ok i tried Freaps the video capture program for the game and you know what happened the game thought it was a hack. ok ppl any other programs you know of that work well cuz this is driving me crazy... cuz the game is protected by nProtect... anyone know a video capture program that can work passed that? Thanks again for your help! you help is very much needed thx!!!
Advertisement
What game are you talking about exactly? Most games tend to have their own demo managers, in which you can create a demo file. From there, you can usually find utilities to turn that demo into a sequence of images (BMP, TGA, JPG (lossy though)), which you can then turn into a video.

Unreal Tournament is a great example of this. You simply record a demo either from the system console, or via Demo Manager (separate umod addon), then use MovieUnreal to do the capturing for you.

-hellz
I'm not sure exactly what type of video you are looking for, but most people making movies out of games, (like mmo's and stuff) just record their 'tv out' to a VCR while playing, and then encode the tape on their computer later (otherwise it'd cause slow downs)

edit; I must not be awake yet.

[edited by - drowner on October 22, 2003 12:25:59 PM]
------------------------------------------------------------// TODO: Insert clever comment here.
The game i play is Priston Tale (MMORGP) its in beta right now
Bump!
bump
bump...
Why do you keep bumping, you have your answer. Hook the tv out of your video card to a vcr and record. Then dump it back into digital format. For better quality, record on a DV camera instead of a vcr. The reason you can''t find a program to do this is obvious, it takes a lot of resources to run a game and it takes a lot of resources to capture video at a decent frame rate in software. The two can not be running at the same time, hence you pipe it out from the video card.
ok well i''m looking for a program here and if I liked what I saw before I wouldn''t keep bumping this, did you ever stop to think about that? I could care less how slow is goes as long as it can get 10-15 frames per sec, then its all good.
If you are a beta tester for the game, why don''t you ask the developers about the prefered way to capure videos?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement