"game hacking" :) - HOOKS ?

Started by
16 comments, last by bilsa 20 years, 6 months ago
AP chill, he is just learning more about how his computer operates. I don''t see anything wrong with it. As long as it is not a multiplayer game >:. Ripping tags off of pillows?! WTF are you on about. That is only for the sellers so that they can not sell used matresses and bedding, once you buy it you can do whatever the hell you want. In other words, GET BENT!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by bilsa
funny: ok, i see...

anonymous poster:
Uhm, lol... cmon it''s a freaking game... not like i killed you or something. Now btw, since i have bought this game and all i have done is messing with the memory in my computer, WHICH i OWN, so why should it be such a big deal...

But how would it be if i jumped from the place in the code that calls for the "FlipSurface" function and jumped to another codesection and from there somehow called my "C-function", would it be possible to call my own "C-function", that is located in my trainer, from within the game code memory?

So is it possible to call for a C-function with assembly code, like I described?

thx!

You''d want to change the screen image (with your text added) before it is written to the backbuffer, but without having the full graphics code for the game, it doesn''t seem likely that you''d be able to do that.
oh hai
Behave. We DO track IP's, and we DO know who you are. -fel

[edited by - felisandria on October 22, 2003 2:16:46 PM]
i hate to say this, but one of the reasons that your stuff isn''t showing up is because it''s stored on video card memory, which windows doesn''t particularly like you touching.

your best bet is to try and hook into the GDI. beware though, as it not only involves you hooking into a function, but you then have to work out a way of calling the original function from your hook afterwards otherwise the function would never be called. If this were something like SwapBuffers then it would be very critical.

if you want to get into hooks, then look up "software cracking" or something similar. Hooks are used to break copyright protection, but it usually involves a hell of a lot of assembly code, and for the sake of drawing one little picture onto the screen, i say just give up and try something worthwhile
someone remind me why we shouldn''t ban Anon posting?
I second that motion
Let''s just ban ALL posting.
Due to the fact that most games have EULA provisions that restrict the use of third-party interference, I''m going to have to shut this down. Feel free to ask specific questions regarding how hooks and such work... just not in this context.

AP, get a username if you''re going to flame people.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement