"game hacking" :) - HOOKS ?

Started by
16 comments, last by bilsa 20 years, 6 months ago
Ohoi Hello guys! Now If you entered this topic just to flame me... better leave with once, cus thats not what I''m asking for... Ok, now the thing is that I want to draw my own bitmap on the backbuffer surface of a DX based game. Now I have found where in memory the BackBuffer surface is stored. Ok, now I want my trainer program to draw some nice text on top of the screen, right? Ok, so I could just retrieve the BackBuffer surface from memory and draw to it with my own drawingfunctions... Ok, so I draw it to the backbuffer... but still nothing is printed because the game prints the graphics to the backbuffer after that I have printed the stuff... So my graphics won''t be shown. Now lets say I have deassembled the game and found the "draw loop" So, I would want my trainer to "catch" that loop and in the end of it draw my own stuff before ending. I have a vauge memory that this could be done with so called "Hooks"? am I right? I would appreciate if anyone could tell me more about the "Hooks" and even point out some nice tutorials about it. Cuz I found it very hard to find anything useful about it with google... Thx!
Advertisement
"Now If you entered this topic just to flame me... better leave..."

Tough! Don''t come here saying how you hacked a game and asking us to help you hack it more.

Maybe you should not be "hacking" if you can''t figure things out for yourself?

You are asking the wrong people. I and many here would hook you FACE if you hack our games
Unless the programmers gave you a framework that let the game call third party functions, you''ll have to do it without the game''s cooperation. Hooks don''t magically happen, they have to be explicitely planned for. Scour the DirectX documentation to see if any of the DX functions called "at the end of the render loop" do provide hooks you can use. If not... tough luck.

Hooks

[ Start Here ! | How To Ask Smart Questions | Recommended C++ Books | C++ FAQ Lite | Function Ptrs | CppTips Archive ]
[ Header Files | File Format Docs | LNK2001 | C++ STL Doc | STLPort | Free C++ IDE | Boost C++ Lib | MSVC6 Lib Fixes ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
funny: ok, i see...

anonymous poster:
Uhm, lol... cmon it''s a freaking game... not like i killed you or something. Now btw, since i have bought this game and all i have done is messing with the memory in my computer, WHICH i OWN, so why should it be such a big deal...

But how would it be if i jumped from the place in the code that calls for the "FlipSurface" function and jumped to another codesection and from there somehow called my "C-function", would it be possible to call my own "C-function", that is located in my trainer, from within the game code memory?

So is it possible to call for a C-function with assembly code, like I described?

thx!
"why should it be such a big deal... "

It is a big deal and should be illegal. You aren''t simply "messing with memory on your computer" you are potentially robbing a company of it''s main source of revenue, which in my eyes makes you a thief. Check the license agreement you must have clicked YES to when you installed the game. Email the company and ask them if it''s "ok" to crack their software.
I don''t get it, it''s a federal offense to rip the tags off a pillow you OWN, but it''s perfectly legal to break into someones game and tear out all the things it took them years of work to develop.

It makes as much sense as pot being illegal and not alcohol, when alcohol kills people and is more hazardous to society.

I think our lawmakers do much too much crack with their hookers.

Of course you can call C functions thru ASM.. every hacker knows that!

(And no I''m not the same AP...)
To me it sounds more like he wants to either mess with the games internal coding and display some results on the screen, or just alter some variables in the game like cheating. He never said he wanted to create a CRACK for the game so he could pirate it.
think, if it were YOUR game would you want some guy doing that?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
"why should it be such a big deal... "

It is a big deal and should be illegal. You aren''t simply "messing with memory on your computer" you are potentially robbing a company of it''s main source of revenue, which in my eyes makes you a thief.

Excuse me? How the FUCK does drawing on a game''s backbuffer qualify as robbing a company of revenue?

Idiot.
Are you writing a multiplayer cheat?
Get a life AP.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement