Help me! need some advice

Started by
17 comments, last by QzarBaron 20 years, 5 months ago
Object-Oriented Programming in C++ has to be the best book I''ve bought.

Rob Loach
Current Project: Pong, The First

"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed."
- The Boondock Saints
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
QzarBaron -

Tricks is a great book and I would recommend that as a start. The most important thing here is to read the books first if you can. I would suggest going to your local book store and grabbing a few of the books suggested above and having a good skim over most of the sections and try and read as much of a single chapter that most interests you.

The content for most intro books is very similar and so the important thing is the style of the writer. Find a book that you are most confortable and give it a go.

Good luck.

Doolwind

---------------------------------------------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
Matthew 6:27
I guess ill do that i just whant to buy the best material
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Heh I wish I had the all this info when I got my C++ book cause I got the crapy "Teach yourself C++ in 21 days" But someday when im not so poor I ll get a new one and this time ill check to see if I acctualy can learn from it instead of reading it 20 or so times wondering "What the &*$&*! "
&#111
quote:Original post by Dko
Heh I wish I had the all this info when I got my C++ book cause I got the crapy "Teach yourself C++ in 21 days" But someday when im not so poor I ll get a new one and this time ill check to see if I acctualy can learn from it instead of reading it 20 or so times wondering "What the &*$&*! "

Teach is a very good book for understanding the common coding practices
How come there are so many "Learn a prog lang in 21 days" books out there? I mean, when I go to book stores, I see a WHOLE stack of "Sam''s Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days"! Just because it has a blue cover and looks professional doesn''t mean it''s good. My friend bought one, I asked him why:

"Because there was a whole stack of it in the bookstore and it was 50% off. Plus it looked good.".
"Looked?", I said.
"Yes, it was blue and had a cool cover. Plus it looks easy because it said I can learn it in 21 days!"

That was the day I let him borrow my VS.NET he wanted, for I wanted him to feel the pain...

WiseElben.com | My Journal | nMagic | My Profile

Projects: - Voted #1 in DOSGamesWeekly, a nondiversial DOS lover magazines.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will eat for a life time."
-Chinese Proverb
Actually the Teach yourself books are not at all that bad. They do help alot. And usually they are pretty cheap. Now there are better books but these are pretty good. Back when i did VB i learned most of what i now from reading 4 Teach Yourself books.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Tricks is the best! I''m currently reading it, only knowing C++ before. Very, very good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement