personal survey...

Started by
13 comments, last by no one 20 years, 6 months ago
1) If faced with a problem, how do you normally go about solving it?
Depends on the problem, I think about it a bit, maybe ask for help, search the internet or library or references. Maybe sleep.

2) We all get our days when motivation seems to be gone, what do you do when this happens and how do you re motivate your self?
I had a hard time motivating myself but lately it''s come quite easy. I guess it''s cos I suck at most things in life so I just wnat to do really well in something so I keep going

3) What time do you normally goto sleep and wake up?
Sleep? 4-6 sometime. Wake up, 9 rarely, if needed, 12 usually, 2 often but try not to

4) (for us younger people) Do you have a job, or do you think of programming as all the work you need to do (or would having a job interfere with coding )?
Don''t have a job at the moment but desperately need one. My last one drained my time so I couldnt do much coding though

5) (Im gonna be virtually slapped for this one) D3D or GL, what do you use?
I''m still a n00b but I learnt some OGL, at the moment I''m using SDL

6) How often do you make a post and or reply to a post here at game dev?
I read or browse the forums every hour or so I''m home. I reply once a day or less often. I would like to post more but I only post if I have something useful to say (ok so not always, I guess this can''t be counted as useful)

7) Do you want programming to be your career?
Yes and no. I don''t think I could handle the stress or difficulty so at the moment just as a hobbie

8) Which do you perfer, Nvidia or ATI Radeon?
Well I''m still on a riva tnt 2 so I would say radeon as to me their latest cards have all been better than nvidia equivalents, but bad experiences with ati drivers
Advertisement
The internet is a great place. Chances are that everything you want to do (unless it is your professional career to do the opposite of what I am saying) has been done already. Sites devoted to solving problems help a whole lot.

2) We all get our days when motivation seems to be gone, what do you do when this happens and how do you re motivate your self?
It depends what I am doing. If I know how to do something, my motivation usually doesn''t go away, as far as programming goes. My motivation usually only withers away when I am trying to learn a new technique and it is frustrating me.

Sleep - 11PM
Wake - 8AM

4) (for us younger people) Do you have a job, or do you think of programming as all the work you need to do (or would having a job interfere with coding )?
Don''t have a job at the moment. Im still in highschool, and recently my schedule has been very hectic. I was a telemarketer at one point, but holding down a job and going to school just isn''t for me.

I havn''t done any graphics programming.

I rarely post.

Yes. Unlike many people who come here, I do not want to be a game programmer. I want to develop applications for the real world; not in-corporation things, but applications that consumers will use, like Excel or Word, or a browser or something. You know, applications >_>

Either. At the moment, I''m using an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro.
Dat is off da hizzle fo shizzle dizzle
I look at the problem methodically, trying to discover what causes the problem and then worrying about how to fix it. If its a real stumper I consult the api and then google it.

I really enjoy digital art. Thats probally because I see something that is awsome and know that I can never make something that good. I also like to boot up Return to Castle Wolfenstin and frag a few people.

A normal day...11:30 and 6... When I am engrossed in finishing a project... 2 am - 11

Focusing on school...looking for a job that has at least some remote connection to computers...

GL

This is my first post in months. I read, read and read. I don''t have much to contribute...

Yes

I have never used a ATI...I just migrate towards nvidia for some reason...
1. I generally think about it when I''m supposed to be getting something else done.
2. I sit and try to get my brain to stop thinking about anything (kind of like meditating). Then I think about what I''m trying to do. It''s a lot easier to focus when you get good at this, at least for me.
3. Well, I''m in high school still, so I get up at 6:30 every weekday, usually later on weekends. I get to bed from 10:00 to 11:00, depending on how busy I am.
4. Aside from school (about = to a job) I work at Mc Donalds because I need money. Once out of college, I plan to program for a living. (plan...)
5. no
6. Irregularly
7. Yes, definitely. I want to program video games (of course) but also I am very interested in writing and designing them. I hope(...) to someday start a video game production company.
8. my computer = POS

eepoipoipoi!
eepoipoipoi!
try to solve it on my own -> see it dosn''t work -> read information (book,google) or talk to coworkers/teammembers about the topic -> try again -> if it still doesn''t work go mad and have a look into other peoples source-code after that

playing good computer-games (often older ones)
playing rl-games (chess,GURPS)
reading books
smoke a cigarette
lots of things that have nothing to do with my project!

sleep : 11:00-02:00
wake up : 06:30-07:30 (flexible work time rules!)
09:00-15:00 at weekends

i do have a job (still trainee though) interfering with coding, but its only SQL and PL/SQL.. just usual database coding for inhouse busines solutions

GL in combination with SDL!

i think this is just my 3rd post or so.. usually i only read because i don''t have that much knowledge yet

hell yes!
its a stressfull career which will damage your brain. i just love it! =)

Nvidia because of (IMO) good drivers, will check out ATI soon

chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is finished

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement