mesh mirroring..

Started by
17 comments, last by vxten 20 years, 5 months ago
Ok I''m not sure what to do here. I load a model/mesh with D3DXLoadSkinMeshFromXof since its an x file. I need to edit the mesh so that it is mirrored either verticle or horizontal or both. now the thing is i think i will have to edit ID3DXSkinMesh but i do not know what to do. any help? thanks
Advertisement
Well I figured out how to get direct access to the vertext buffer. simple enough. but i still have no clue how i can mirror meshes.

[edited by - vxten on October 23, 2003 11:25:57 AM]
now it seems if i rotate the mesh''s x,y,z just right i can get the required effect. its like damn impossible know what to rotate it too i have to let it run in a loop adjusting rotation and when something looks good ill break in and see the values. this is driving me insane!!
could you just multiply whichever coordinate you want to mirror around by -1?
--Riley
quote:Original post by rileyriley
could you just multiply whichever coordinate you want to mirror around by -1?

This would like.. change the order of the vertices of a triangle.
Clockwise -> Counter-clockwise;
Counter-clockwise -> Clockwise;

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
To fix that, switch each triangle''s indices around.

Niko Suni

see this image. maybe i can fix something like the perspective view so things will look right to me?

http://www.ten-arc.net/perspectivehelp.jpg

[edited by - vxten on October 23, 2003 1:08:36 PM]
Why dont you just change your camera view?

---------------------------------------------
If God with me, Who against me?
Sitio de desarrollo de videojuegos en español
Digital Moon Studio...

There is no spoon
--------------------------------------------- If God with me, Who against me?Personal Web Samuel Prince Blog...
Rotate the actual vertices by locking the vertex buffer and transforming each vertex individually.

Niko Suni

i am hoping its a camara deal, but the camara wont hover over the meshes top down like that it either gos left-right, up-down, or away-near. in either case i still only see the side

[edited by - vxten on October 23, 2003 1:27:08 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement