Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyber-Ace

Sterling Scholar

I am one of the 3 finalist in the sterling scholar competition at my high school. I will have a chance to be interviewed in a few weeks, which will be a major part of determining the winner. We can do stuff to demonstrate our skils, but whatever we used must be CARRIED in (no carts or rolling tables or anything). I can do network and hardware stuff, but hauling in a bunch of stuff to demonstrate probably wont work well. I have lined up a lap top I can use and would like to write a program to "show off" what skills I do have. One set back though, I'm not real familliar with GUI interfaces. I'm decent at programming in C++ but havn't done much besides writing things in DOS inviroments. Anyone have some good places where I can find a quick walkthough on how to give stuff a GUI? I'm also looking for ideas of some cool stuff I could do, but think it would be best to come up with the idea on my own. Sure beats, "well, this guy on the internet gave me this idea" should they ask where the idea came from. But if you would like to give a nice broad sugestion of what you think would be impresive it would be appreciated (something like sugesting I make a AI of some type or some type of graphical program or game). (I have seen people complain about school help and homework help on the forums... I don't think that applies to what I'm asking. I could always rewrite it to make it appear I'm just generally interested if needed...) ThX! [edited by - cyber-ace on October 23, 2003 11:23:13 AM]

Ha ha...

VB sure is ez (as you said

But draging and droping buttons never impresed anyone ;}

I''m thinking I''ll just whip out a opengl graphic now. Partly because my PC has gone to the crapper... :[

Might not even get it fixed in time :\