Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Edwards

Problems with .X Files

Hi GameDev, I''m new to this forum, and was helping that someone out here might have an answer. I have created a .3DS file with 3D Studio Max, converted to a .X file with "conv3ds -m Fighter.3ds". I had added a texture map to this .X file, and made a texture file from it. The problem is this, when I apply any texture to it, it only grabs the pixel at position 1,1 of the bitmap. I made the model by creating vertices and extruding them. I also tried making a sphere, which does work with texturing. I really hope someone can help. Thanks. Living and Learning

First, check to make sure the model loads and displays correctly using Mview. That''s a mesh viewing utility included with the SDK. If it looks good, then the problem is probably in the way you converted the mesh.

Try this exporter to for 3D Studio Max. It''s free and it seems to work pretty well:
www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

YES
i''ve had that problem too,
it''s definetely the exporter/converter.
i''m using the pando exporter for 3ds and you have to click in some options to make it correctly export the texture coordinates, which is probably whats wrong.