Office2k + VB + Internet

Started by
1 comment, last by PnP Bios 20 years, 6 months ago
Here is an interesting problem. I am using powerpoint to create a webpage. Yes, power point. The page will be used off a server. It will be a simple math test. I am using visual basic for all the macro functions, such as loading the file that the test is in. It seems to work just fine inside of powerpoint, but when I save it as a web page, it seems to leave out all of the macro fucntions. Is this a security issue, or is office just to limited? Should I just write an activex control or what? ____________________________________________________________ The Santa Claus in the Lobby wants to kill me.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
quote:Original post by PnP Bios
Here is an interesting problem. I am using powerpoint to create a webpage. Yes, power point. The page will be used off a server. It will be a simple math test. I am using visual basic for all the macro functions, such as loading the file that the test is in. It seems to work just fine inside of powerpoint, but when I save it as a web page, it seems to leave out all of the macro fucntions. Is this a security issue, or is office just to limited?

Should I just write an activex control or what?

It''s because HTML webpages and Powerpoint are two different things. When you use Powerpoint you have access to a wide variaty of features, including full VBScript capabilities. While Powerpoint does allow you to *export* Powerpoint presentations into the lesser HTML format, it does not guarentee that everything about that presentation will be possible in HTML. With HTML you are reduced to &#106avascript as the only thing that is universal enough to be supported on all major browsers. Further that &#106avascript is limited to a subset of commands. Now if you can come up with a program that can take any VBA script (and it''s a lot more then you know about right now) and convert it perfectly into &#106avascript, you let the engineers at Microsoft know. Until then you should learn the different between the HTML in a browser and presentations inside Powerpoint.
I realize there is a difference between VB and &#106avascript. I was just wondering if it was turned into some sort of activeX control.<br><br>Dosen''t matter. I am just rewriting in VB anyways. <br><br>____________________________________________________________<br>The Santa Claus in the Lobby wants to kill me.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement