Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mulligan

About headphones

Ive looked at sony and ive looked at bose headphones and I''m going to buy from bose. One of the features is ''Active equalization'' which only has a very non descriptive explanation. What is the exact definition of active equalization? Their definition: Active equalization Electronically tunes the frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance for improved speech intelligibility. Thanks.

It means that it bumps up the bass and midbass to compensate for the fact that most headphones have shitty bass and midbass.

Seriously.... don''t bother with Bose or Sony. They do make decent headphones, but only at the top of their product lines. Instead, consider Sennheiser; reasonably priced, and great quality.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

I have to agree with Sneftel about Sony headphones. Ive dealt with several models and only the ones I currently have, a pair of MDR-V400 digital reference headphones, give me an accurate representation of the mix. Nice phones, but they had cost about $90 at the time of purchase. They do last, however.

I use Sony Professional MDR-7506

I think I paid 89 for them and love them
but other then a cheaper set of Yamahas I don''t have anything to compare them with

I am very happy with them and would buy them again

Jeff