• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gritson2000

OpenGL OpenGL in C#

This topic is 5530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m new to OpenGL so i was wondering if someone could help. I''m currently doing a development project on 3D visualisation of wireless networks and have decided to use C# in visual studio.net 2003 and OpenGL for the visualisation. My question is in regards to adding the references to a project. At the top of the projects you include statements such as using System.Form...etc which as i understand you have to of included in the solution explorer window as well. Does anyone know how to include these in C#. Do i need to download openGL libraries? Its probably not very well explained but if anyone has any suggestions or can help i would be most grateful. Cheers

Advertisement
Gritson,

As far as i know you need the csgl.dll as a reference and then you can add that same dll to your toolbox to give you the openglcontrol. This will give you a panel-type object that will be your opengl "window". You will need to say "using csgl.opengl". If you can''t find the dll, if someone tells me how to put a file on here i will give it to you.

I don''t know how set in stone your decision is, but I would recommend either using C# + DirectX or Java + OpenGL.

C# + OpenGL is kind of a weird combo, and the DX integration with C# is very good. Java has good OpenGL integration with the new JOGL stuff.

Good luck.

You can choose some OpenGL libraries for C#. I''ve found three. One of that is CSGL. YOu can find it in sourceforge.net. Other, and what I''m using actually, is the OpenGL Wrapper for C# by Colin Fahey. You can search for him in Google (of course).
And the third, I don''t know what was, but I thougth it was no good for my project.

Well, I hope help you.

And, If you have another question, I''m developing a program that is a kind of 3d studio max, I''ll also ask you in near future.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!