How to set up libvorbis for SDL_mixer with VC++ 6?

Started by
3 comments, last by PsiRadish 20 years, 5 months ago
Subject says it all, pretty much. libvorbis.zip is filled with a dizzying amount of stuff and I''ve no idea how much of it I need to get it working with SDL_mixer in VC++, or how to do it.
This world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us.
Advertisement
I don't know how many stuff you need to use SDL and I dont know what you want exactly but if what you wanna know is how you tie SDL to MSVC++, I think you should first think of setting the libraries you need to compile with. Go in something like Project|Settings choose General in the drop-down and type the names of the .lib you need (check the help files if you dont know the list).
Hope it helps some...

Edit: the more I try to understand your post the more I feel as though my answer has nothing to do with what you want. Too bad...
Prog, Hex & Rock'n'Roll :
I don't like the Prog but the Prog likes me.
Some nice poetry to sweeten your spirit and relax a bit before programming

[edited by - kurtcpp on October 24, 2003 7:38:24 AM]
Prog, Games & Rock'n'Roll :I don't like the Prog but the Prog likes me.
Haha.

I''ve got SDL set up in VC++ just fine already. Now I want to start using sound, and there''s another library made for SDL called SDL_mixer which makes sound a bit easier and a lot better in SDL. One feature I like in particular is support for the ogg format, provided you have libvorbis "installed" (I believe that''s what they called it) on your computer. So I went to vorbis'' site and downloaded libvorbis, a vast archive of source code and headers and libraries that I have no idea what to do with, except maybe the include and library folders. I''d rather not trial-and-error my way through this if I can avoid it, so I thought I''d ask for help first.
This world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us.
Perhaps I should have posted this in a different forum. Hmmm.
They might mean simply that you need ogg.dll in Windows/System. If in doubt, try to compile. If you get errors then you''re missing libs or headers.

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement