Free webhosts with no file size limits

Started by
15 comments, last by GamerSg 20 years, 5 months ago
I am currently searching for a free webhost which gives at least 20mb of space and more importantly does not have a file size limit. Any recommendations?
Advertisement
www.f2s.net had a 20 meg hosting with no limits. But that was a few years ago, i dont know if they still do that.
What''s the purpose of this? Is it for people to download your stuff? If so, the bandwidth allowed is going to be more of a concern than the filesize limit.

If it''s for private use, then Yahoo Briefcase satisfies your requirements.

~CGameProgrammer( );

-- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
It''s for people to download stuff. I don''t think that it will be that popular that i will run out of 1gb bandwidth in a month.
Currently i can''t afford a webhost, bandwidth is expensive in asia. But i really want to distribute my app which is about 14.9 mb in rar format. I signed up with tripod and put my file there and my account got deleted the next day.

I was even thinking of using torrent to distribute the file, but torrent requires the Bittorrent file to be open in order to be able to distribute it.
1GB/month is alot for a free host... I think you''ll have difficulty finding one. Even GameDev stopped new GD Showcase submissions because the bandwidth was too costly... and if they re-enable it, only premium members would be able to host their files on the server (last I heard).

~CGameProgrammer( );

-- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I don''t know, but the trend appears to be a minimum of 1gb. Tripod gives 1gb/month, geocities gives 3gb/month. Ofcourse they are ad-supported and need more pages to generate more ad revenues. From what i heard, bandwidth is becoming very very cheap in the US.

In the past, im quite sure fortunecity was offering 100mb of space. But it appears that now banner ads are almost worth nothing.
Just sign up for hundreds of Angelfire or Tripod accounts (er, as many as needed). That gives you basically unlimited bandwidth; when you run out, just make a new account and upload again (although it may be sort of a slow process). That''s what I did before I got my free hosting (which you can''t have, it''s a thing).
End of Post
Eh, it''s not the bandwidth currently, it''s being able to upload a huge file(14-18mb). Signing up for multiple hosts is not a problem. Nobody is going to download 10-20 files if i were to break it up.
If its open source, you can use SourceForge. They offer a whole bunch of useful services besides unlimited space (no filesize limit) for your program and 100Mb for the website (which doesn''t include the actual program (no ads on your actual web page!) Look at my signature for an example.
BTW, what does this have to do with this forum?

The official zorx website
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
Eh, its not open source.

Well for us independant developers, the web is the only way to distribute our stuff to the world. Maybe when i start working during attachment ill find a host. Till then im still looking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement