Isometric Space Shooter?

Started by
21 comments, last by royk 20 years, 5 months ago
Hey! I had an idea of writing a 2D Isometric view space shooter. I never saw such a game, and was wondering if you people know if this has been done before, or if you think it is even possible. I think it could have some really cool functionalities..
Advertisement
I seem to remember playing an old arcade game that was an isometric space shooter. I''m afraid I can''t remember the name, though. Maybe someone else knows?
xevious, popular shoot from early 80 on 8bits computer, a legend
there is many other

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
quote:Original post by jaxson
I seem to remember playing an old arcade game that was an isometric space shooter. I''m afraid I can''t remember the name, though. Maybe someone else knows?

ZAXXON

quote:Original post by jaxson

Viewpoint?

You shouldn''t base the feasibility of an idea on whether or not it''s been done before! Of course your idea is perfectly good. If you would enjoy a game like that, then that is the game you should create.

~CGameProgrammer( );

-- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I was secretly hoping I was the first to think of such a game =) But I was asking mainly because I wanted to see how others approached this issue.

I did a google search on Xevious and it resulted in a non-isometric game, but Zaxxon gave some good results.

This is really going to help me decide if I should develop this idea further..

Thanks for the help!
quote:Original post by royk
I was secretly hoping I was the first to think of such a game =)

Now that is SCARY. To think there are people out there who have never encountered an entire genre of game. It''s like ten years of my life was just wiped away. Do you know how OLD that makes me feel?

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Basicaly,

dont ever think that what you think hasnt been thought up before cause it has! Always, there are over 6 billion people on this world, SOMEONE thought of it. Instead, you should be looking to see if it was nicely IMPLEMENTED. Take Parappa the Rapper for instance, it really wasnt a whole new genre, but it implemented the same fundementals in a new and creative manner.
you''re right, ofcourse. And besides, I never seen an isometric space shooter and I''m pretty glad I thought of the idea. In my reality, it''s my invention.. The fact that it''s already implemented, simply switched my goal from grabbig the prestige of doing it first to the even better goal of doing it better =)

Dan, I''m sorry I made you feel old =) Are you saying there is a genre of iso space shooters out there, or were you referring to isometric games in general? Because I LOVE them. If within the genre there are games that you think are worthy to encounter, just say their names and I''ll be all over them..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement