Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IFooBar

attributes of real objects and software (multiple choice)

What attributes do all real world objects have? a. Identity state and behaviour b. State and behaviour. c. Size and weight. d. Existence What attributes do all software object have? a. RAM, ROM and processor b. identity state and behaviour c. variables and storage d. They are made of computer components I got these questions in a recent quiz. I chose ''d'' and ''c''. The teach said I was wrong. How could that be wrong? What do all objects not have existence? Does software not have to be stored and contains variables? The correct answers were ''a'' and ''b'' (im not saying those are wrong, im saying that Im not wrong) meh.

:::: [ Triple Buffer ] ::::

I too would have chosen ''d'' and ''c''... Your teacher sounds like a total jackass to me because those are very dumb questions with more than one answer. What class is this?

I can confirm that your teacher is indeed a jackass. I once had a TA who took off points because I tested to see if a number was even or odd by using bitwise operations and he said the "correct" way to do it was to use modulus. I hate teachers who know the "correct" way to do something. Then there are those in a close second who have no brain of their own and want you to put exactly what the book says. I''ve had a lot of arguments with teachers over stuff like that, where the book says one thing, but other answers were clearly correct also.

I think you''re both wrong on the second question. Consider:

class MyFunctions {
public:
void func1();
void func2();
};
class MyData {
public:
int count_;
const char * name_;
};

Objects of class MyFunctions have no data, objects of class MyData have no behavior.

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting

quote:
Original post by JasonA
I too would have chosen ''d'' and ''c''... Your teacher sounds like a total jackass to me because those are very dumb questions with more than one answer. What class is this?

It''s apparently a OOP class. Hard to say for sure though

quote:
I think you''re both wrong on the second question. Consider:
Objects of class MyFunctions have no data, objects of class MyData have no behavior.

I guess that depends on what you consider to a software object. Would that be a part of an application, ie: can we consider one class in the whole application a "software object" or is a software object an entire application?

I agree with JasonA though. These questions are extremely dumb and I lost 10 % becuase of em. I even told her (yes its a she teacher) that these questions are highly debatable and shes like "I dont think so"

:::: [ Triple Buffer ] ::::