delete with 2d array

Started by
13 comments, last by MV 20 years, 5 months ago
No, I just have a problem with people nitpicking, and especially when they doesn''t seem to know the full story (which means they are wrong in their nitpicking).
Advertisement
quote:Original post by amag
I just have a problem with people nitpicking

Yes, you obviously do.
especially when they doesn't seem to know the full story

Are you saying that I "don't seem to know the full story"? God, children. Thank you, but I think I know enough.
(which means they are wrong in their nitpicking).

How do you work that one out, then?

You made a little mistake. Everyone does. Get over it.
Now, that's more than enough flaming for one thread. Let's stop now.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on October 25, 2003 10:08:13 AM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]
quote:
You made a little mistake. Everyone does. Get over it.
Now, that''s more than enough flaming for one thread. Let''s stop now.

WTF, you twat. I wrote STL::vector intentionally (by using uppercase STL, making it clear it wasn''t the namespace std I was refering to) and I have clearly explained to you and everyone else why it''s just as correct as writing std::vector.
My only mistake was that I used double-colon instead of a minus, which would''ve hopefully protected me from nitpicking nitwits such as yourself.
quote:
Thank you, but I think I know enough.

It seems you know enough to start a flame-war, if that''s what you mean. It''s often the misinformed who nitpick on stuff and get these things started.
quote:Original post by Symphonic
An access violation means you tried to delete a pointer which wasn''t pointing to anything useful. Check your initialization code to make sure that you initialize correctly.

Also, you could breakpoint before each pointer is deleted and check the contents of the pointer. Windows will set the memory at the address a pointer was pointing to after it was deleted to a particular code

eg.
I delete p, *p now points at 0xfeefee

Thats not the actual code, I cant remember what they are off the top of my head, but a search in google will tell you. It may be that your deleting data thats already deleted

Your down-fall was the fact that you used the scope resolution operator.

I am not going to respond to your insults. Have a nice day.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on October 25, 2003 3:41:54 PM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement