Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dko

Not shure if I should of put this in the math section

Ok, when I was taking math classes I did preaty good, But that way like 4 years ago so now my algerbra and such is preaty much dead. What can I do to help revive my old learning so I don't go to some thing like "x - cos(stuff)* pi^monkeys" in someones code and say WTF?? O_o Did that make any sence.. I hope so lol [edited by - Dko on October 24, 2003 10:59:54 AM]

You could try some of your old text books (if you still have them). Or use online resources. But really, you may just need to go over a few concepts, and then study math topics that come about in your projects.

You might browse these:

Math forum.org

Math.com

Math goodies

You might also try look in the resources section for math articles, or books on mathematics in game programming.

I suggest you take a trigonometry refresher course at your local community college, shouldn''t cost too much. You might even be able to get by just buying a book and going through it your self since you''ve had this stuff before. Calculus and Linear Algebra are also used a lot in 3D graphics programming, again I suggest you either buy books or if you have the time take classes for them.