Multiple render passes causes artefacts on ATI

Started by
11 comments, last by AIRmichael 20 years, 5 months ago
Oops sry. My mistake. Looks like i used a vertex prog.

Plz try writing a value > 128 or value < -128 to the output texcoord of a vertex program... That should expose the precision probs.

The ATI card responsible was a Radeon 9000 DDR x86/SSE2 (taken from glGetString(GL_RENDERER)).

[edited by - baskuenen on November 3, 2003 10:29:01 PM]
Advertisement
Perhaps older cards might have that issue, though Im running a 9800 pro, which is probably why Im not getting the same problems you were getting.

Personally I agree that the pre-r300 cards werent overly great, however you really should try a r300+ card... they are really pretty good. Ive only come across very few issues with my 9800pro, and ATi dev relations have been very helpful and are eager to work with people to isolate bugs.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
quote:Original post by Maximus
Perhaps older cards might have that issue, though Im running a 9800 pro, which is probably why Im not getting the same problems you were getting.

Personally I agree that the pre-r300 cards werent overly great, however you really should try a r300+ card... they are really pretty good. Ive only come across very few issues with my 9800pro, and ATi dev relations have been very helpful and are eager to work with people to isolate bugs.

Respect for testing Maximus!

I''ve never had a response on mail to GeForce for bugreports. They probably take the bugs (or me) not very serious.
So thats a + for ATI.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement