Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoser

Any insight as to why this is crashing?

Has anyone ever seen this with the MFC application wizard? I'm doing the following... Creating a single document MFC application with the document/view architecture and I'm my view class is inherited from the CHtmlView class. The wizard creates all the classes and files just fine. However, when I try to compile and run the code (without having changed one line of code), I get an access violation when the following line is called in my CMainFrame class if (CFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; Any ideas as to why this is happening? This is the first time where I've had an application shell developed by the wizard not work right off the bat. edit: using MSVC++ 6.0 [edited by - Hoser on October 24, 2003 1:23:19 PM]

I should clarify...I run the code and it performs an "illegal operation". What I meant by access violation is that it seems to be accessing some memory it shouldn''t...which is puzzling since I''m just executing the code straight from the wizard.

Guest Anonymous Poster
what VC++ service packs have you applied? any? early releases of the MFC code with VC++ were quite buggy. i''d say you need at least 3, but should probably apply the latest (5?)