C#. Is it worth it?

Started by
3 comments, last by maxd gaming 20 years, 5 months ago
I have recently downloaded SharpDevelop and I must say C# is quite easy, the only thing I don''t like about it is every thing MUST be class-bound. Is it worth continuing to learn C# and DX for game programming or is C++ the far better solution? I understand C# is slower (but I don''t care :-D).
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Advertisement
you could try www.digitalmars.com/d/

as simple as c# (simpler, imho), compiled as c++, free of microsoft, can use any c library directly, not class-bound.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Hi, i use C# a lot, but mostly for information systems (for that it rocks!) ok, now for games, i use it for games too, i read the difference in performance between C++ and C# is less than a 10% which is good unless you REALLY need the performance, also C# and .NET will only work on Windows 98 or later (which is no problem for me and there is still a lack of documentation in things like Managed DirectX and other Managed APIs. If you can go past this problems, then i will say go for it!
Now when the two other threads finally died down...
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
C# is very nice for business applications and tools.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement