Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skullfire

C++ builder dependencuy issues

Well, i''m making my 3D engine in open gl with c++ builder. Everything works great, except for the fact that, whenever I want to send my game to any of my friends, a dll issue comes up. Damn... at first it was vcl.lib and 2 more files... so, what I did was to remove all instances of the vcl header, and make my way through strings. Now, i sent it to a friend, and another dll dependency came up: stlpmt45.dll now, I can send that file to my friend, and he can run it, but, is this the best way to do it? isn''t there some kind of compiler option to remove this dependency? or, even better, how could I go into removing the dependency in the code? Thanks in advance

I don''t have Builder on this computer, but as I recall there are a couple of Project options that you have to select (or de-select). Something like "Build with runtime libraries" and "Build with runtime packages". In short, you do *not* want to build with those, because they require that you then distribute DLLs (the runtime packages and libraries). If you do it the other way, everything is built into the executable, which I think is what you want.

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting

what he said, and do NOT use RTL (run time libraries) aswell.

Bascially, not using run time packages and RTL will make the exe file bigger (notice how the program is only about 30kb) by sticking them all in side. That''s the general gist of it.
(note: the program will probably end up being about 300 to 500kb for a simple form program)