[java] Eclipse IDE 2.1?

Started by
2 comments, last by Drevay 20 years, 5 months ago
I have just started to try and figure out this IDE. It seems very nice and professional - but how can I open a simple Java source file? Does it link to the necessary java exe''s (compiler, debugger, etc...)? I heard it was very good, so I don''t want to let it slip by.. ________________ Fatal Frog Entertainment (FFE): My solo company in progress.
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Advertisement
I''m using Eclipse 3.0 M4 which is already loads better
But really -
Eclipse takes over the entire management of your source code for you. You have the notion of a "Workspace", in which you have a number of interdependent "Projects"; each project can contain a number of "source folders" and output a number of binary folders.

In Eclipse you simply have to create a new Java project, and then start adding packages and classes. That''s all there is to it. You can import existing source code using the Import menu option.

Cas
With out a doubt Eclipse is definately one of the better free Java IDE''s out there....

The CVS Compare gui is absolutely brilliant!

Let alone the auto completion and resource searching....

:-)
ujhkfkfk
quote:Original post by Drevay
Does it link to the necessary java exe''s (compiler, debugger, etc...)?

Eclipse uses it''s own internal compiler and debugger. All you need is a JRE.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement