Annual no-prize arena contests...

Started by
3 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 20 years, 5 months ago
It''d be cool to hold this contest every year (along with any other contests) with no prizes other than recognition. It shouldn''t be too hard either if the program works well.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
I''ve thought about this. My main concern with the arena is "replay value", as in, without major modification does the GDArena offer enough variation in play style and strategy to warrant being entertaining and challenging over several contest iterations? After the contest I was actually going to ask everyone their thoughts on that (and other things), but you can answer now if you''d like.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Well, it''d also be nice for those who aren''t ready to compete now to try it later. Maybe there wouldn''t have to be an official competition each year, just the ability for people to try to improve on previous entries.

Tadd
- WarbleWare
Tadd- WarbleWare
It''d be interesting to add health packs and maybe some other weapons into the mix, even team play, destructible terrain, etc.

There used to be a game like this a long time ago put out by origin where you wrote programs to run tanks.. I think it was called Omega.

Ahh here we go.. memorieees.. gee the game is actually still available.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Omega

TS

I''d be interested to try my hand at this contest at some point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement