Questions about how you feel about evolution

Started by
549 comments, last by griffenjam 20 years, 3 months ago
Today I have been thinking about evolution, and people that think it''s a load of poppy cock. I''m no bioligist but from what I understand there are two parts of evolution. Mutation and natural selection. I don''t think that either one of those alone are even debateable, mutations do happen, and that idea that the strongest survive more than the the weak seems pretty natural. The only place I can see room for debate is the speed of evolution. It seems to me that evolution progresses far too slowly to account for all life that has ever existed on earth. Also remember that much of the slate was wiped clean 65 million years ago. I guess there is one other thing is usefullness of mutations. I haven''t really seen any multi-cellular life forms with usefull mutations. What do you think? What about evolution do you find debateable? "The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas Gray
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
Advertisement
quote:Original post by griffenjam
...poppy cock...

WHAT?

quote:Original post by Programmer One
quote:Original post by griffenjam
...poppy cock...

WHAT?

You have never heard that before?
And Dave did see the ad of penis enlargement, and gazing upon His holy manhood, He did thrust the spam into the firey depths of hell.- Book of Dave, 1:7
It is not even really a point to debate anymore.

I mean it has NEVER been proven once. Darwin himself also wrote about inconsistancies and how things just didn't make sense.

Scientists and in particular the ones working in biology, over half of them do not believe it, but yet state that they only go along with it because there is no other option yet available.

Evolution has pretty much been proven wrong, and has about the same merit as a JRR Tolkien paper.

It's complete fiction =]

EDIT: I would have posted some facts but I'm at work. I'll post a bunch of them when I get home though!

[edited by - Imperil on November 3, 2003 3:42:38 PM]
But what about it are you saying is fiction?
Are you saying that mutations don''t happen, or that even if a positive mutation occurs it doesn''t add to the survivablity of the mutant?
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
I think this says all there is to say about evolution.
I will post more facts when I get home. I must tell you I am no biologist so I do not know many of the facts off hand, but I do read a lot on different scientific studies, and actually just finished reading a book last night on the falsity of evolution.

"Are you saying that mutations don't happen, or that even if a positive mutation occurs it doesn't add to the survivablity of the mutant?"

- I didn't say that mutations don't happen. But your second statement goes against the laws of physics and biology. I don't want to misquote right now so I won't try to recreate it without having the book in hand.

BUT please note that there hasn't been a SINGLE case of a mutation adding to the survivability of a species. And there are laws of chemistry that also go along with this.

Both are LAWs (please read not theory but law) of thermodynamics.

First Law: No matter can be created or destroyed, only transfered (molecules distributed, etc).

Second Law: Entrophy (everything breaks down).

A) All processes manifest a tendency toward decay and disintegration, with a net increase in what is called the entropy, or state of randomness or disorder, of the system. This is called the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

B) Thus, any system that experiences even a temporary growth in order and complexity must not only be "open" to the sun's energy but must also contain a "program" to direct the growth and a "mechanism" to energize the growth.

Point A clearly shows that a mutation will never benefit a species, and point B clearly shows that a species would HAVE to be programmed (upon creation of the species) in order to change.

Please remember that thermodynamics is a LAW and evolution is a theory. So when someone that actually still believes in Evolution tries to tell you that a certain species "mutated and lost one of its bones in order for it to move faster", please note this actually goes AGAINST Darwin's theory and proves yet again the LAW of thermodynamics as there was a breakdown, and also that it MUST have been programmed, it didn't just happen =]

[edited by - Imperil on November 3, 2003 4:02:28 PM]
I want to believe it, because I don''t like the idea of a god or anything like that. But it just doesn''t seem to work very well, I don''t see how a species can evolve into a different species. It seems like they can only make different variations of their own species.
quote:Original post by Voice Of Tango

Wow. I haven''t read such pure bullshit in a long time. And for those that buy into that crap, holy shit, this world is filled with some real fuckin morons. =) Do you have any pro-Easter Bunny or pro-Santa Claus literature on hand?
quote:Original post by Stonicus
quote:Original post by Voice Of Tango

Wow. I haven't read such pure bullshit in a long time. And for those that buy into that crap, holy shit, this world is filled with some real fuckin morons. =) Do you have any pro-Easter Bunny or pro-Santa Claus literature on hand?

Stonicus you made yourself look like an idiot on the piracy thread and now you want to look like an idiot on this thread?

Please show ONE FACT of evolution. It has not been proven ONCE.. which is why it is a theory. Are you saying that a simple "theory" made up by a man who in many quotes doubted himself about it is more powerful than the MANY scientific laws that evolution breaks?

The reason that evolution was "made up and never proven" was to try and seperate religion and science, but it failed. Well.. to some extent, because there are many mindless zombies that will just follow along with what anyone tells them.

[edited by - Imperil on November 3, 2003 4:11:32 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement