Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C#, OpenGL, and Game Programming

This topic is 5152 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've started looking through NEHE's tutorials on using C# and OpenGL. Are there any books someone would recommend as a complement to this? In terms of experience, I've been learing OpenGL with LWJGL, a java binding to OpenGL. I've used C# with ASP.NET, and visual windows programming. Some console programming, although most of my console programming has been with C++ or Java. So I'm not looking for something that goes over the basics of programming and C#. I know the basics of the language, and want to get into Windows graphical programming. Thanks. -Nick [edited by - nickwinters on November 5, 2003 5:10:33 PM]

If you''re using OpenGL, that will handle all of the graphics for you. I found the OpenGL superbible useful, although the blue & red book is quite good too. One''s a learning book and one''s a reference.
If you want to learn windows forms & gdi+, petzold is probably it.

Unfortunetly, I can''t give you much information about C# and windows graphical programming, as I''m just learning it, and have a basic understanding of it.

But The Code Project has alot of extremely helpful source code and examples.
Also C# Corner has alot of source, on a wide range of topics, including a tutorials section.

Good luck.