Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARB_point_sprite supported in Catalyst 3.9

This topic is 5150 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yep, thats the only one added (and a welcome addition at that), apprently the drives are now only 1 extension off being OpenGL1.5 compilent, although the internal version number is now 1.3.4, so officaly its not 1.4 yet.

The reason for NV_point_sprite is because ARB_point_sprite depends on that extension.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/point_sprite.txt

for more details

edit: hmmm, cant say i noticed that one being absent, but dont want to step back with to find out

[edited by - _the_phantom_ on November 5, 2003 8:30:39 PM]

Well, it doesn''t depend on the NV version, but its definition is affected by the NV version. NV_point_sprite actually has a bit more functionality available: the r texture coordinate, apparently useful for using 3d textures with point sprites (each layer a separate frame of animation, for example).

quote:
Original post by _the_phantom_
Yep, thats the only one added (and a welcome addition at that), apprently the drives are now only 1 extension off being OpenGL1.5 compilent, although the internal version number is now 1.3.4, so officaly its not 1.4 yet.

Accoording to glview, the cat 3.9 driver has 50% compliance with OpenGL 1.5. It''s still lacking GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shading_language_100 and GL_EXT_shadow_funcs.

Hopefully the new OGLSL extensions will be in the Cat 10 drivers.

Heheh. . . I''ve read on the Advanced Programming forums at OpenGL.org that the entry points for shader objects are present, even if that is not the case for the extension string. I haven''t tried it myself, though.

quote:
Original post by benjamin bunny
Accoording to glview, the cat 3.9 driver has 50% compliance with OpenGL 1.5. It''s still lacking GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shading_language_100 and GL_EXT_shadow_funcs.

Hopefully the new OGLSL extensions will be in the Cat 10 drivers.

Yep, GLView is what i use as well, i got my numbers from the fact that it splits OGL1.5 and GLSL extensions into two sections. It didnt accure to me that GLSL had been included into the 1.5 spec, maybe they need to update the program

glslang is not a part of the opengl1.5 specification.. the ARB ratified the spec at the same meeting as they voted for opengl1.5 but its still an extension, and opengl1.5 driver doenst have to support it. same goes for vertex/fragment programs, they didnt made it into the core either.

Very strange.
I'm sure that after the first reboot the driver exposed ARB_fragment_shader, because I told that a friend

But today after the next boot, they are gone

[edited by - noVum on November 6, 2003 7:37:02 AM]