Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Textures in MFC not displaying

This topic is 5154 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im working on a sort-of 3d modeller using direct3d 8 and MFC. Now, the "engine" has already been written and tested in a seperate fulscreen-exclusive app, and works fine. My problem is that my textures wont show up. Im doing everything the EXACT same way (same engine, right?) but they just wont show up. Ive cleared the back-buffer, etc. and i see the untextured shape there, but the texture never shows up. How come? Could it be that when the app is resized the back-buffer is destroyed and must be re-created? And if so does that make the device invalid? And if so how come the shapes still draw and the vb is ok? Any help is really appreciated!

Well,

I think the problem is that you are specifying the wrong path for the texture file. I mean offcourse you are putting the texture file with .x file in the same folder but if I''m not wrong then if you put the texture files in same directory of your application exe then you will have no problem.

BAZD3D.