My "company" logo.. thoughts?

Started by
18 comments, last by Peon 20 years, 5 months ago
No problem.

About the shading:
Basically, I did each section with a seperate gradient. Each shadow fades from the main colour down to the shadow colour.
I just played around with angles until it looked right.
Then I added a little highlight on his forehead to make it look less flat.

I could upload a larger version if you wanted to take a closer look at it.
Advertisement
Yea, I''d like to take a look at it if you don''t mind; I really like how it turned out.

-=Peon=- : A Poorly Implement Forum Bot ------
© Kordova, 2003
Peon
I''ve uploaded a larger version (500*800) here.
quote:Original post by MatrixCubed
Might there be a trademark issue with Blizzard/WarCraft (i.e. orcish peons)?

Looks good otherwise!

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

I doubt there would be a problem as neither Orcs or Peons are under any sort of tradmark/copyright. If you took the character straight out of Warcraft then yes, that would be infringement, but as it stands there really isn''t a problem.
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
Shaded version looks good
Same with the pixelated

quote:Original post by Tertsi
Pretty nice logo but that background needs to be more colourful.
Any advice in that regard? I''m afraid to make the background TOO colorful for fear of showing distinct square lines of the extra space. I really don''t like logos that are completely filled in and therefore, completely rectangular or square. Leaving some empty space makes for a more interesting design IMO. For example, if I were going to put my logo on any other color background than white, I would definetly change the background.

Suggestions are welcome though. Feel free to mark it up like Lucidium did if you have a clear enough picture of what you''re thinking of.

© Kordova, 2003
Peon
Well.. basicly you could either put that peon as the logo alone. Not every logo needs to display the company name..
Or you could put up a green (gradient?) square box around the peon with decorations and change the font colour maybe also..
If you go public with that Blizzard is going to tear you a new one.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you go public with that Blizzard is going to tear you a new one.
Like I said, it''s not a company per se; it''s just my logo that I plan to put on my games when I develop them (freeware games) Worst comes to worst, they send me a cease and desist letter; all I''d have to do is remove the text. The the image of the "Peon" is standard fare for most fantasy orcs, so I don''t think they''d have a case there.

© Kordova, 2003
Peon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement