3D Engine to Game Engine.

Started by
1 comment, last by HexDump 20 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I would like to add some more functionaloty to my 3D engine to convert it in a Game Engine. There''s a thing I can´t figure out how to do it, this is: I would like to create an Object manager class, where the client code adds something like object templates and can ask for object instances later (something like a factory, but where the client code adds the classes to be factorized. This manager then makes the job of instantiate an object by demand, delete or make it noactive when we finish with it, etc...). is there an easy way?, Is it a good idea to put this functionality in a Game Engine or would it be better to do not put it in the game engine and force the client to write its own?. Thanks in advance, HexDump.
Advertisement
Essentially your 3D engine will probbaly just become a "render" subsection in your game engine. The Game engine has to be designed with this in mind, then you can build it into a sensible system. You know how your 3D engine interface works, so you are in a position to taylor your game engine design with this in mind. Reading Enginuity articles may be helpful.
And any tip on adding this kind of functionality in the game engine? (Object manager).

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement