Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detecting GPU clockspeed?

This topic is 5150 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. Does anyone have any idea on how to go about detecting the GPU clockspeed? I''ve made a simple app that gives you information about your graphics card but i''d like to include core/mem clockspeeds. The app: http://members.iinet.net.au/~paulglasson/GPUID.exe

1) If you''re using DirectX 9 you can use the programmable interface to DXDIAG to extract that info (DXDIAG displays that so should be able to extract that).

2) Otherwise I think you''ll have to use WMI to communicate with the device driver directly.

--
Simon O''Connor
3D Game Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

There is probably a driver function call for this, but it''s most likely different for each manufacturer, so You''d have to figure out what card it is first, and then run code specific for that card. I''m not aware of anything straight under directX to do this atleast.
Check the dev sites for nvidia and ati, you should dig something up.

The more I think, the more confused I get.
The best 2D game developer site out there!

S1CA, i used DxDiag and went through all the properties but i couldn''t find core and mem clockspeeds.

I guess i''ll have to go down the path of device specific code.