• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C / C++ reference

This topic is 5310 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I moved to Linux after some time programming in Windows (on VC++) and so I suddenly I cannot acces my MSDN (and I cannot connect to inet every time I need something in documentation). I wonder if there's some documentation on pure C++ (including the C standard library, C++ one and STL, but no Qt, nor Kde, ...). Or if there's a way how to run the offline MSDN on Linux (I think, that no... - it's Microsoft ). I've been searching for some time on internet, but found nothing (useful). I think, that here must be some C++ Linux programmer with modem Oxyd --- Unreadable code is code written on a piece of paper, but not the one, in which its programmer is using a space in place you don''t. [edited by - Oxyd on November 6, 2003 2:06:32 PM]

Advertisement
You can grab a draft copy of the C++ standard in PDF from
http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/doc/c++std.html

The last draft is close enough to the final to work off of as a reference.

For most of the standard C library you can use the man pages. e.g. type "man malloc" at the console.

I''d give so-so odds that you can run the MSDN library application with WINE.

The groups that make the libraries (glibc and libstdc++, in this case) provide documentation. You can probably download "glibc-doc" and "libstdc++-doc" type packages from where ever you download other distro-related things. Or, you can browse them online here and here (or, to drop you more directly into the latter, here).

[edited by - Null and Void on November 6, 2003 2:31:15 PM]

Thanks a lot for those links. That''s exactly what I''ve been searching for.

Oxyd

---
Unreadable code is code written on a piece of paper, but not the one, in which its programmer is using a space in place you don''''t.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!