Collision detection question

Started by
0 comments, last by shaobohou 20 years, 5 months ago
I am trying to implement an collision detection system which will work for situation such as a ball being hit an bat or such object that rotate about a particular axis, which may have surfaces described by bezier curves. My problems is that in the numerous tutorial that i read on the subject those that deals with collision against a particular polygon seems to require for you to know the exact global coordinate of the vertices that make up the polygon. In the actual fact, object in my program will described in their own object space and they maybe rotated and/or translated in before being drawn, which will inevitably change the exact position. Is there some way of keeping track of the exact coordinate or is there simply a better way of doing it, I am open to suggestion. Also, similar problems present themselves regarding how to update OcTrees which may contain object thats moves about.
Just because it is not nice, doesn''t mean it is not miraculous.
Advertisement
Try the coldet library. It handles any type of surface, as long as you are able to supply all the triangles that the object is composed of. As far as worrying about the object moving and global coordinates, you only have to know the base point of the object you''re working with. You set the matrix, and the library figures out the rest for you. Hope this helps.

"Donkey, if it were me, you''d be dead."
I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement