How to get linux to see windows partition on the same drive

Started by
10 comments, last by HTML 20 years, 5 months ago
I am trying to get to some of my windows files on linux, but don''t know how too. Running fedora 1 if that matters...I did it with Mandrake, but I can''t find anyway to do it on RH. Thanks
Advertisement
You gotta take your Windows drive, and MOUNT IT! That''s right, mount that wack-ass partition alllll night long. Don''t matter how FAT it is, if you want your files, get with the mounting!

*cough*

I''m not familiar with Fedora, but there should be some sort of mount configuration thing which''ll allow you to mount your windows partition. Chances are, that partition will be called /dev/hda1, at least if you had installed windows before linux.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
ms is damn stingy. Billy''s boys are too good to recognize other partitions!

kthxbye~!
Well, R2D22U2..
I found one but it doesn''t show the dumb windows partition...Just everything on linux. It even lets me mount stuff...It''s almost as if windows doesn''t like me anymore :-P because it is causing a whole LOT more problems than this, and linux just seems to fix them. Too bad linux can''t play all those games, or I would just highlight the little helpless windows partitioin and push the DELETE key and "puff" its gone! That would be awesome.
Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar. Typing mount /dev/discs/disc0 often works, or if not mount /dev/discs/disc0 -t vfat

or mount /dev/discs/disc0 -t ntfs, if you have an ntfs partition.

If you want it mounted at bootup, and an entry to fstab (check the man page for fstab for the format)
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
quote:Original post by Flarelocke
Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar.

Dude, that''s SO my new sig.

quote:Original post by Sneftel
quote:Original post by Flarelocke
Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar.

Dude, that''s SO my new sig.

haha.

Well I think it mounted but now I cant find it anywhere...I typed this under root:

mount -t /dev/hdc1

And then it came back with nothing but this:
root# (blinking curser)

So i think it did it, no errors or anything but I can''t find it now...

|PicRepository|PicIndex|
IM: CScoder@aol.com/ahmed7500@hotmail.com
The Gatekeeper of quotes passé:

"How Appropriate. You fight like a cow" --Sneftel
Well, R2D22U2..
If you type "mount" without any arguments, it''ll tell you where in your filesystem each drive is mounted.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
Thanks. I don''t see it on the list but I''ll try remounting it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement