texture scaling in Direct3D

Started by
6 comments, last by foofightr 20 years, 5 months ago
I would like to know how to disable min/mag filtering for my textures. I really do want a texture to scale up and look jagged, like if you render a 32x32 texture to 320x320 part of the screen, you should be seeing a bunch of 10x10 blocks of pixels, not smoothed at all. This has got to be possible, but all the sampler states I tried did not work. Thanks.
Advertisement
Set magfilter and minfilter to point instead of linear, that should do the trick.
If your gfx card control panel has a "force anisotropic" setting, make sure it''s turned off because i''ve seen it force bilinear filtering.
Anisotropic filtering is OFF in my control panel.

I want an old school pixelated look to my game. There has got to be a way.

And point sampling is the default, which gives the same blurry effect as the rest.

[edited by - foofightr on November 7, 2003 10:44:08 AM]
you must not be specifying it properly... because point filtering is definetly the way to do it...
pDevice->SetSamplerState(0, D3DSAMP_MAGFILTER, D3DTEXF_POINT);

That is correct, right?

[edited by - foofightr on November 8, 2003 12:41:13 PM]
I just don''t get it. I''ve polled D3D caps and the card does support point-sample magnification (as all cards should, I believe). I''ve checked that anisotropic filtering was turned off in the control panel. I''ve told D3D to use point sampling for min/mag, even though the docs say it''s the default.

But textures are still blurred...
bump

I just want pixelated goodness! I had to create a really big texture and duplicate pixels manually. It''s wrong.

Help...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement