Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about managed directx

This topic is 5155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I''m trying to get managed directx to work, but when I downloaded the SDK and tried to compile the example files, it gave me the following error message: D:\DXSDK\Samples\C#\Common\D3DApp.cs(9): The type or namespace name ''DirectX'' does not exist in the class or namespace ''Microsoft'' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I can''t find the file "Microsoft.DirectX.dll" either. I''m going to try downloading the SDK again, but does anybody have an idea what I did wrong? I''m sure I chose to install managed directx.

Back when I had .NET installed on my work laptop I saw the same thing. Of course it was installed from the very first MSDN subscription release, so take that as you will.

-- Wait, wait, wait....who''s Nambla Fett?

I have a different problem. I can get the samples to compile with no problem, but when I run the built application I get an error message like the following.
quote:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Micr
osoft.DirectX.Direct3D, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D"
at DeviceTutorial.CreateDevice..ctor()
at DeviceTutorial.CreateDevice.Main()

Fusion log follows:

Hey, I got my C# program to work. To fix it, I found the dll files (after re-installing directx sdk) and added references to them in my project. I would have thought the wizard would do that automatically!

Perhaps it is something with the assemblies, of which I know nothing about.

Hope that helps you mastaba.

quote:
Original post by Arild Fines
Sounds like they never got installed into the GAC. Check the GAC for those assemblies.

Unforunately, it is not that simple. Gacutil says they are installed.

The prebuilt C# Direct3D samples from the Summer 2003 SDK work fine, which would affirm that Gacutil isn't lying.

[edited by - Mastaba on November 7, 2003 4:18:28 PM]

I sorted it out. The 1.1 .Net Framework was not in the path, but the older 1.0 .Net Framework was. So I was using the older C# compiler. I added the 1.1 Framework to the path and all is fine now.