• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sudhaom

Converting 1 Ex. (Of SDK) From VMR7 To VMR9, Giving Trouble In Results

This topic is 5400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greeting Everybody, For some specific reasons I want Cube example (VMR7) of the SDK to work in VMR9 mode that is Converting IVMRImageCompositor To IVMRImageCompositor9. Cube Example of VMR:: Defining the ability to plug in your own compositing component to implement effects and transitions between multiple video streams entering the VMR. I have converted almost all the code, but I am not able to Get the Desired results, I think I have done quite right upto a particular point in CompositeImage() Function STDMETHODIMP CMovie::CompositeImage(IUnknown* lpUnk,IDirect3DSurface9 *pddsRenderTarget,AM_MEDIA_TYPE* pmtRenderTarget, REFERENCE_TIME rtStart,REFERENCE_TIME rtEnd,DWORD dwMapped,VMR9VideoStreamInfo* pStrmInfo,UINT cStreams ) ...; ...............; ..............; ...............; pDDS = pStrmInfo[iStream].pddsVideoSurface; //where pddsVideoSurface and pDDS are of type IDirect3DSurface9 hr=D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile("c:\\test.bmp",D3DXIFF_BMP,pDDS,NULL,NULL); The second line I have added to test whether I am gettiing the Video Surfaces Properly, It is OK as seen from the BMP''S The 3D Device is a Spinning Cube, which also I can see. What my problem is I am not able to See/Put the The video surface (which is ok as seen above) as Textures over the Device (which is also perfect). My problem can be ,as I guess, I am not able to make Textures Out of the Surfaces Properly. In VMR7, IDirect3DDevice7, Device->Settexure, directly takes DirectSurafce7 as Paramater, so that I can Put ''pDDS'' directly as Parameter, but here in VMR-9 IDirect3DDevice9 pd3dDevice->settexture(0, IDirect3dbaseTexure9) Therefore the Method given in the SDK to make Texture Data out of a valid IDirect3DSurface9 surface, is :: hr = pDDS->GetContainer(IID_IDirect3DTexture9, &pContainer); // where pContainer is of VOID type if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && pContainer) IDirect3DTexture9 g_pTexture = (IDirect3DTexture9 *)pContainer; and this ''g_pTexture'' I have used in IDirect3DDevice9 pd3dDevice->settexture, with no Luck, Problem can be in making Textures, as I presume. Please help me, as to what is Causing the problem. Best Regards Sudhaom

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!