Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nav Meshes ...

This topic is 5153 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Morning all Thought I''d email to see whether anyone out there knows of this cool new way of AI pathfinding I''ve heard of - NavMeshes - and whether anybody knows of any sites/source code around that explain the idea and how to implement it? Cheers Dan

I think you have best luck asking the guys over at the AI forum, they probably have loades of information about it. Otherwise I would suggest buing AI Wisdom and the Game Programming Gems books. Even thought they are pretty expensive I think they are worth it.
Sorry, I don''t have any more info on it.

- Patrik Willbo

Ya, AI Wisdom has a great A* algorithm and code, I think it has code, but with a little brain bower you wont need to copy/modify someone else''s code.

Game Programming Gems 1 has a a basic explination of NavMeshes, it doesnt come with any code. AI Wisdom also has a section on how to improve the NavMeshes from Game Programming Gems 1, but you need to read the Game Programming Gems 1 artical first.