Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screenshots of your program!

This topic is 5141 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It''s been a long while since I''ve seen any thread like this here (I hope they weren''t banned or something) but I''m personally very interested in what others are researching around here. I want to see screenshots of what you are working on! Also because it is very inspiring, at least to me. Show us what you got, what it features, etc... You can see a couple screenshots of my program at animeimaging.com. I''m rewriting my engine though and it will look a whole lot better. I also haven''t really worked with textures yet, though I use chunked lod and the data is already there to decide what resolution textures I need to use for each path.

You can see what I have been working on at my site:
http://www.foxostro.com

I plan to have items, equipment, and a system for handling parties of adventurers added by the end of the month.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should mention that none of the models are mine, but I did not "steal" them. They are placeholders until my artist friend who i am working finishes his.

[edited by - foxostro on November 7, 2003 7:50:02 AM]

Holy crap, JHL! That looks really nice..

Later,
Lord Hen

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally." - W. C. Fields

[edited by - Lord Hen on December 2, 2008 2:32:49 AM]

quote:
Original post by JHL
I''ve been working on an rts engine for a while wouldn''t mind getting some feed back, still working on actual game play :/
Right Here

Ummm... Wow, is all I have to say.

... and excellent job.

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.

Here are some screenshots from a 3D engine(called "Legendary Engine") I developed with a friend of mine:
http://demons.org.il/etus/pics/screenshots.php

Keep in mind that these are extremely old screenshots(they were taken almost 8 months ago) - a lot of things are currently in development, so I can''t take new screenshots. You can also take a look at a short trailer I did for a computer games show(the trailer is a bit more up-to-date):
http://demons.org.il/etus/LeEn.avi

- Etus

quote:
Original post by ToohrVyk
Here are some screenshots from the shoot''em up game I''m working on at INT13.

EDIT : Whoops, missing "

[edited by - ToohrVyk on November 8, 2003 10:27:01 AM]

cant wait to play it mang!

all the new stuff is scientific and mechanical stuff. Crystalline structures etc. That and libraries and animation tools.

Last screen shot of a 3D application that I stuck up is here

from last year sometime.

Voxel program, supports 26 positional lights, texturing, lights have atmospheric reflectivity, shadows (can''t tell in demo as I only put in one object) and a really cute interface.

Runs at 1024x768 in 32bit colour only.

The screenshot here
http://members.optushome.com.au/jlferry/download/voxel.png
shows the demo program rendering about 164600 voxels (rendered as textured cubes) at 30fps. Also shows the 33ms difference between the beginning of the screen refresh and the end of it.

I''ve just begun playing around with ARB_vertex_program. Here''s a few shots of what I''ve been up to:

http://naughtymonkey.net.ms/shader.png
http://naughtymonkey.net.ms/omfgshader.png

Here''s an (oldish) shot of a GUI I''m working on (go the coder art!)

http://naughtymonkey.net.ms/gui.png

BTW, GarageGames has an IOTD section, too.

My Website | Everything you need to know about 3D Graphics | Google | Search the Forums

Guest Anonymous Poster
yckx, you should really add some fullscreen glow a la those nvidia Tron2 docs to that pacman clone, it would look soo cool..

quote:
Original post by JHL
I''ve been working on an rts engine for a while wouldn''t mind getting some feed back, still working on actual game play :/
Right Here

Very impressive!

I have some quick questions/comments:

1) How were you able to render so many trees? Did you use billboards?

2) The reflections in the water are very realistic. Is it generated at runtime or is it just a CG image?

3) What are the hardware requirements and what frame rate do you get on some of the screen shots (especially the ones of the town)

4) Lots of high details, including the soft shadows from the trees and the plants under water. Very professional and realistic.

5) When will a demo be released?

Bob

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
yckx, you should really add some fullscreen glow a la those nvidia Tron2 docs to that pacman clone, it would look soo cool..

Yah, I''ve thought about that. It''s an idea for later, though. I''m learning as I go. The whole thing started out as a project to learn OpenGL, and just kept growing. Now it''s less of a OGL learning project as it is a coding exercise. I''m essentially learning various aspects of programming as I need it for the game.

Cool things like screenglow and maybe head-to-head multiplayer action are planned, but I''ve got to finish learning basic stuff first.

yckx

thanks for the compliments

@cyansoft
1) How were you able to render so many trees? Did you use billboards?
no its all just the same tree model no lod yet,

2) The reflections in the water are very realistic. Is it generated at runtime or is it just a CG image?
the water is all runtime using the render to texture technique I learned from this forum

3) What are the hardware requirements and what frame rate do you get on some of the screen shots (especially the ones of the town)
cpu and ram requirements are low, but you have to have a video card that supports vertex shaders and pixels shaders both 1.1, as for frame rates theres no magic going on there it only gets about 15fps in most of those shots, but thats with no lod and only frustum culling, plus its an rts I''m working on so you''ll only see shots like these in screen shots and in campainge cut scenes. In a normal game view it gets well above 30fps

4) Lots of high details, including the soft shadows from the trees and the plants under water. Very professional and realistic.
thanks its shadow maping, I still haven''t gotten it working on non-nvidia cards, but it falls back on drop shadows in that case.

5) When will a demo be released?
well were hoping by january but even if we do finish it it might not be public cause were looking for a publishers, we do have a video some were I could find a link for you

to JHL:
At the risk of throwing this thread offtopic, could you let me in on how you did your grass? I like it Email me: waramp@shaw.ca if you don''t mind

Waramp.

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you do insult him, you''ll be a mile away, and you''ll have his shoes."

quote:
Original post by Boops
Space game in 80x50 text mode with realistic physics (click thumbnails to enlarge)

[edited by - Boops on November 9, 2003 9:32:33 AM]

That''s really awesome! I''ve always been fascinated with text-based graphics engines.