LibPng problems

Started by
2 comments, last by StarGamer_Nick 20 years, 5 months ago
A few weeks ago, as I was having trouble creating a PNG decoder, someone suggested that I should use LibPng, so I decided to give it a try this morning. I''m following the procedure mention in their document for the high level interface but everytime I call png_read_png I get an Unhandle Exception code. The code looks like this: ========================================= BOOL bResult; FILE* pFile = NULL; pFile = fopen(lpFileName,"rb"); BYTE* pBuffer = NULL; // Buffer use to load the data // Check Header pBuffer = new BYTE[8]; fread (pBuffer,1,8,pFile); bResult = png_sig_cmp (pBuffer,0,8); delete []pBuffer; png_structp pPngStruct = png_create_read_struct(PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, NULL,NULL,NULL); png_infop pInfo_ptr = png_create_info_struct(pPngStruct); png_infop pEnd_info = png_create_info_struct(pPngStruct); png_init_io(pPngStruct, pFile); png_set_sig_bytes(pPngStruct, 8); png_read_png(pPngStruct, pInfo_ptr, PNG_TRANSFORM_IDENTITY, NULL); fclose (pFile); ========================================= (NOTE: I''ve remove the error checking codes but I check if all my pointers are NULL before calling png_read_png) I''ve tried a lot of stuff but I can''t seem to figure out why it''s not working, can anyone tell me what''s wrong with the code ? Do I absolutely need to add Row and Unknown Chunks callback functions ? Thanks Nick
Advertisement
Try this, it is an excerpt from my own code, and it does work.

FILE* fp = fopen(filename.c_str(), "rb");if(fp == NULL){   return; //error}png_structp png_ptr;png_infop info_ptr;png_ptr = png_create_read_struct(PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, NULL, NULL, NULL);info_ptr = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr);if (setjmp(png_jmpbuf(png_ptr))){	/* Free all of the memory associated with the png_ptr and info_ptr */	png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, png_infopp_NULL);	/* If we get here, we had a problem reading the file */	fclose(fp);	return; //error}else{	png_init_io(png_ptr, fp);	png_read_png(png_ptr, info_ptr, PNG_TRANSFORM_STRIP_16 | PNG_TRANSFORM_PACKING, png_voidp_NULL);	// Now we need to extract the data from that was read	png_bytepp row_pointers = png_get_rows(png_ptr, info_ptr);        typedef unsigned char BYTE;	BYTE* pData = new BYTE[png_ptr->height * png_ptr->rowbytes];	for(int i = 0; i < png_ptr->height; ++i)	{		memcpy((pData + i * png_ptr->rowbytes), row_pointers[i], png_ptr->rowbytes);	}	/* clean up after the read, and free any memory allocated - REQUIRED */	png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, png_infopp_NULL);	fclose(fp);}

Oh and after the code is done, pData contains the raw pixel data.

[edited by - duke on November 7, 2003 2:57:24 PM]
super genius
It didn''t work either.

Could it be related to the Lib Version (.LIB and .DLL) I''m using ? Is it possible that I''m not using the right one ?

Nick

It is always possible you are not using the right version of the lib

Are you using libpng as a DLL? I statically link it, not sure if it would make a difference, it probably shouldn''t.

What exactly doesn''t work? Does the code crash? or what? Does it even compile? Have you tried writing the pData buffer straight to disk and loading into something like photoshop as a raw file?

Either way, give a few more specifics about how it is working and I might can help.

Jeff
super genius

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement