• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UeberBobo

what did i do?

This topic is 5460 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

did some errors while coding. made a two-dimensional array something like this: the_array[10,10]; this compiled however a the result i got out of the code i was writing was not entierly different from what i wanted (i got rows like the whole row seven instead of a point if i put in 7,x for example) this was responsible for this problem taking some time to debug since it made me think i made a logic error instead of a syntax one... just curious what did i do, why did it give the result it did?

Advertisement
I can''t understand what you''re trying to say... but (assuming C/C++) arrays aren''t define like array[10,10], they''re define like array[10][10]. I don''t know if this is just an example or if you really defined it like that.

int x[10,10];

afaik would be the same as:

int x[10];

since the first 10 would be evaluated and outputed no-where and the other 10 would set the array size. If you can load from it like is a 100 element array, then you are just lucky, you are read/writing to memory that is not yours, and if it works, its just blind luck. As the previous poster said...

int x[10][10];

is the correct method to use.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!