Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectPlay Trouble!

This topic is 5148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, im having trouble with a game im coding using directplay for networking. The game inits directplay (Managed Dx9 sdk) and a peer-to-peer connection. That goes well, but once somebody connects the game transmits the data well, but the framerate drops like to 1 fps!!! In passing a string variable .Send(strVar) (1 to 25 chars) en each frame. Im believe this is not much data but still the game falls to its knees. What can be wrong???

finally, i managed to solve the problem aparently sending data down the lines at 400 fps was not a good idea :S. Now im only sending data when the players input commands.

Still i have a second problem, since the FPS vary on all machines, how do i sincronize the network (not the fps btw)

you set up an object for each player.

inside you will need a player id and a property for each variable you need to track and update.

as the players input info you update the object.

based on a set time(not a set number of fps) the client will query the collection of objects to update the frame.

Dredd