Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof-readers for introductory "COM and HRESULT" tutorial

This topic is 5093 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you''re interested in proof-reading an introductory tutorial that covers COM and HRESULTs, drop me mail (MHaggag removeThisPlease_at gawab_RemoveThisToo dot_com). No specific knowledge level''s required. Actually, being a complete newbie would be a plus The tutorial''s about 11 printable pages, and covers stuff like (some sort of a crude TOC): "What is COM? What''s a COM object? Interfaces IUnknown Reference counting Smart COM pointers HRESULT HRESULT Layout Checking the result of an operation Getting extended error information 1. Use the "DirectX Error Lookup" tool 2. Customize Visual Studio to properly display HRESULT names 3. Use DirectX error checking functions" Thanks, Muhammad Haggag

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
The .zip is empty to me

Strange. I've just downloaded, and explored it. It's not corrupted, it's got the files.

Anyway, I've uploaded the tutorial as an MHT file (microsoft HTML archive). IE opens it fine, Mozilla does, but without displaying images.

Clicky

[edited by - Coder on November 7, 2003 12:17:11 AM]

Evil necromancer,

- The site that''s suspended is illicitdev.net. They - most probably - have exceeded their bandwidth limit or something. The file is on a subspace of that website.

- No more proof-reading is required. It''s going to be put on a Wiki sometime soon (as in 0.5-2 months), so everyone''s going to be able to edit the thing as much as they like

Muhammad Haggag