Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d3dx8d.a

This topic is 5150 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

despite popular myth, MinGW can link to Microsoft''s .lib files for DirectX... this may not be true for all .lib files... but I''ve had no problem with the DX libs... the only problem with using the files directly out of the Microsoft SDK is that you have to explicitly explain to the linker where they are and what they are called..

What I''m getting at is that if you don''t find a solution for this problem, consider just getting the SDK from microsoft and using their libs.

I tried it but I get 501+ linker errors (it doesn''t even display them all). What do you mean by "you have to explicitly explain to the linker where they are and what they are called.."?

well you can''t add for example -lddraw to your command line... what I had to do was (in dev-cpp) go to Project->Project Options and add the explicit path and file name for my libs... so here''s what my "Linker Options/Optional Libs" line looks like:

c:\dev-cpp\dx7sdk\lib\ddraw.lib c:\dev-cpp\dx7sdk\lib\dxguid.lib

I hope that helps

../../lib/d3dx8.lib(obj/i386/loadx.obj)(.text+0x11):.\loadx.cpp: undefined reference to `??3@YAXPAX@Z''
../../lib/d3dx8.lib(obj/i386/loadx.obj)(.text+0x16):.\loadx.cpp: undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''
../../lib/d3dx8.lib(obj/i386/loadx.obj)(.text+0xeb):.\loadx.cpp: undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''
../../lib/d3dx8.lib(obj/i386/loadx.obj)(.text+0x104):.\loadx.cpp: undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''
../../lib/d3dx8.lib(obj/i386/loadx.obj)(.text+0x126):.\loadx.cpp: undefined reference to `??3@YAXPAX@Z''

and so on...

It''s so many that Dev-C++ is kind enough to put this message at the end: "There must be something terribly wrong with your code. Please fix it."

Wow! I have no idea what I did but I got it down to 3 errors. All I did was start a project and it almost works.

inputcore.o(.text+0x5c):inputcore.cpp: undefined reference to `DirectInput8Create@20'
graphicscore.o(.text+0x1f):graphicscore.cpp: undefined reference to `Direct3DCreate8@4'
graphicscore.o(.text+0x1d7):graphicscore.cpp: undefined reference to `D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20'

[edit] Sort of... Those were with linking to d3dx8d.lib. As soon as I linked to d3dx8.lib I got just as many errors .

[edited by - Raloth on November 8, 2003 1:17:14 PM]

what ver are you useing and how do you have your include and libs decleared i used 8 just switch to 9 had a few problems in 9 with dinput.lib i did not have any problems in 8

something like this

C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libdxguid.a
C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libd3d9.a
C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libd3dx9d.a
C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libgdi32.a
C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libdinput9.a
C:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\libdinput.a

//in header
#include <rmxfguid.h>
#include <d3d9.h>
#include <dinput.h>

*smacks head*

Try to understand what I''m asking, ok? I don''t want to link with .a! The dev-pak does not come with a retail version of the library for d3dx8.dll!