Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C questions

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have C language in my first semester in college and am by now becming pretty fluent in it. But the problem is that i cant find any new programs to make or solve as i have run out of ideas and also questions in my K&R C book and Gottfried. Could you suggest any site for C programming questions in medium to advanced levels. G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht''s how u spell LIFE) !!

Well I''d imagine you would have a map with x*y quadrants. You would then move around on the map using prompt commands like "go north west" etc. After brainstorming the idea and noting everything I would start off by making a struct to represent a quadrant. This struct would contain arrays to contain pointers to: Objects in the quadrant, obtracles blocking any of the directions, npc''s etc.
The pointers to all the quadrants would then go in a two dimensional array and I would refere into this using a x and y position of the character etc. etc. etc.
You need to think about how you want the prompt to function, how you will update npc etc.
Push back, grab pen and pencil and start jotting down ideas.