• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

de_matt

Me again - Windows message handler

This topic is 5338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Could anyone explain to me why this code doesn''t work? void CBazCan2LoadDlg::mMainLoop() { // Enter the message loop MSG msg; ZeroMemory( &msg, sizeof(msg) ); while( msg.message != WM_CLOSE ) { // Show the window m_crender.UpdateWindow(); CBazCan2LoadDlg::UpdateWindow(); if( PeekMessage( &msg, NULL, 0U, 0U, PM_REMOVE ) ) { TranslateMessage( &msg ); DispatchMessage( &msg ); } else { mRender(); //Framerate - if 1 second has passed then show framerate //in FPS static box on dialog. FPS = FPS + 1; if (GetTickCount() - 1000 >= lasttime) { UpdateData(FALSE); FPS = 0; lasttime = GetTickCount(); } } } Cleanup(); CDialog::OnClose(); } Oh,and how do you do those code windows in this forum? thanks de_matt

Advertisement
Okay, I think some more info would help - I didn''t explain that too good. Basically I''m using an MFC dialog box with a picture box on it. The picture box is the display window. Where should I put the windows message handler?

The actual problem is the program doesn''t exit. Could the problem be that the picture box window has the focus?

thanks

de_matt

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!