gmon.out ?

Started by
2 comments, last by ducky 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi. When i run exe''s that I''ve compiled or exe''s included in C++ tutorials a file called gmon.out apears in the same folder as the exe. Any idea what this is? P.S. I''m using dev C++ and my OS is Windows XP if thats of any help. God grant me the courage to pester women who will never like me, The serenity to reject women who are desperate enough to be interested in me, And the density to ignore the inference.
God grant me the courage to pester women who will never like me,The serenity to reject women who are desperate enough to be interested in me,And the density to ignore the inference.
Advertisement
You have profiling enabled. With GCC, when a program is compiled with profiling information, it generates the file ''gmon.out'' when it''s executed. This file stores information on what functions took longest to execute, how many times each function is called, etc. The program gprof (GNU profiler) can be used to view the actual profiling information stored in the file, though for games it may not be all that useful (an interactive profiler might be better).
-bodisiw
How do i stop it? Because i certainly didn''t put it on :S

God grant me the courage to pester women who will never like me,
The serenity to reject women who are desperate enough to be interested in me,
And the density to ignore the inference.
God grant me the courage to pester women who will never like me,The serenity to reject women who are desperate enough to be interested in me,And the density to ignore the inference.
Go to the "Project"->"Project options"->"Compiler" tab->"Code profiling" and set to "no"

To analyse the code that the gmon file prints out, do something like this command:

cd \program files\dev-cpp\bingprof program.exe gmon.out > output.txt 

Have fun!

"My basic needs in life are food, love and a C++ compiler"
[Project AlterNova] [Novanet]
[www.LifeIsDigital.net - My open source projects and articles.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement