Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving frames to AVI format

This topic is 5154 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve recently made a video capturing routine that captures the rendered frames from my video game. At the moment, it only stores each frame into a separate file. I wonder how I can store this into AVI/MPEG/DIVX files. What''s the easiest way to do it and how does it work? VFW perhaps? Are there any examples available somewhere? Know any good tutorials websites? Greetz, Ken
"My basic needs in life are food, love and a C++ compiler" [Project AlterNova] [Novanet]

I submitted a screen shot system article a while ago... I guess they''re still reviewing it? It discusses/did normal screen shots, high-resolution screen shots, and there was a movie mode. Not only did it do that, you could add watermarks to the screen shots and the movie while they were being taken. You could specify where you wanted the watermark placed and the alpha component of it and it would blend to the screen shot. It was also made for DirectX and OpenGL. Now only if they would post it!?!

Anyway, look at AVIStreamWrite(*) in the vfw.h file. You should be able to find more information from MSDN library or do a search on google and find some different methods of doing it.

Here''s one I found that shows a way of doing it.

Best of luck,

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"