Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

playing Playstation games on the PC

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I get to play Playstation games on the computer. Im all new to this. Please help me. If there is any web cites that will help me. Please let me know. Thanks [edited by - tika1974 on November 8, 2003 1:00:51 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Do you mean Playstation games? You need an emulator. ePSXe is the best IMHO. Just Google it. If that''s not what you mean, then rephrase the question please.

Yeah I use ePSXe for my PS1 games I heard bleem is good too I don't know since I haven't used it, if you mean PS2 I don't think there are any real working emulators I'd like to see one so I can play my PS2 games on the PC too

Here's a link to ePSXe
You need to look for the plugins like the AP said there are some links on the site and you can google as well.

EDIT: shouldn't this be on the lounge?

[edited by - FtMonkey on November 8, 2003 1:21:02 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Well, I think ePSXe is better than Bleem. Bleem you have to play for, the free version will not play sound, only works with a few games, etc. ePSXe is totally free, has support for sound, and I have never had a problem with any game. The only downside is that you have to hunt for graphics ad sound render plugins to make it work, but on the home site for ePSXe they list places to find them, so its not that difficult.

years ago there was a (commercial) program called "bleem", which played back all ps games on pc; even with HW-3Daccel. graphics, bigger resolutions and such stuff....

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature

Yup, I like to use ePSXe for my psx emulating purposes too. Anwyay, in addition to the links already posted you can check out www.ngemu.com too.

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

[edited by - Greatwolf on November 8, 2003 10:05:04 PM]

quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil Why not just buy a playstation? They''re about $15 now.

Because he''d need a modchip to play import games?

Member of the Un-Ban nes8bit Association (UNA) (to join put this in your sig)

We are at war with Iraq. We have always been at war with Iraq. I love Big Brother.
- DakeDesu

The''re not illegal if you own the system. I own a PS2 and I downloaded ePSXe just to play Final Fantasy on my computer when I''m not at home for whatever reason. Playstation quality without the playstation bulk ! I really want to get a PS2 emulator so I can show Xenosaga to everyone at school, but its still in development. Also, it would be fun to do TimeSplitters 2 with my friends at school. You can buy PS2 style controllers at Wal-Mart for about $20 if you want to have the best in the controll department. This will make playing FPS and other intense controller melting games easier to play. Good luck, and have fun. By the way, do you have a PlayStation or PS2?