• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloodthirsty vermin

Im thinking of switching to Javascript........

This topic is 5458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

C++ is to complex for me to keepup with, plus the fact that my computer is a piece of crap...Plus it wont load any of my programs anymore so do you think this would work? Oh and is java simpler or even more complex?

Advertisement
java is an amazing language.
You can code internet solutions in a great speed. It has nice features (like garbage collector,...).
A good java programmer can make lots of money :D
More and more universities switching to java(as intro to cs!!!)
Personaly I, (soon software engineer) prefer a classic way of c/c++, but its just me. Java is a good choise ,a choise of tommorow.

quote:
Original post by bloodthirsty vermin
I want to make an online game that is complex to explain...

You know, if things that are difficult to explain, it means that usually you don''t understand it yourself. If you really want to do it, I''d reccommend sticking through, and actually learning C++. Write down your concept in detail, put it aside, and get down to business beefing yourself up in C++. An online game of almost any sort is difficult.

-=Lohrno

Guest Anonymous Poster
I don''t think Java is easier to learn than C/C++. I think it''s even harder.

quote:
Original post by bloodthirsty vermin
Oh sorry(I didnt know)) I guess Java(are there any free compliers?)

Oh, I see, you are a lazy retard who can''t even research something for themselves. You''ll never make it with any language with that attitude.

Every Java compiler that I know of is free except Jet.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!