Mouse coordinates to tile (not 'another' topic)

Started by
26 comments, last by wicked_wesley 19 years, 11 months ago
Well hello there!

Thank you for your explaination, when I'm building a 'real' game (this is more of a test now) I shall use the provided formulas

About the mouse map, it isn't that bad, I use a 2D array so it is faster then an Image. I make the 2D array source code with a simple program I wrote, which laods an images and makes the source for a 2D Java Array.

I still think that it's faster to do without. (When I jsut started I also didn't wanna use a mousemap)

I'm now busy finishing this small Java isometric engine, I will post here when I have finished it

I'm really happy that I got it all working and I would like to thank everyone who has posted here, especially VertexNormal and Hotstone with there (long and) great posts

Just something I like to tell

Isometric is still used by the 'big' companies, I saw Tony Hawk Underground on the GBA today and it is ....... in an Isometric perspective. YAY!

When I was at my local games shop I saw the game "Theme Hospital" at the discount shelfes, I had played this game (alot) before, but I lost it. So I bought the game, installed and when I played I noticed that it was also Isometric. Maybe it's the oldest Isometric game? I have no idea, I don't know that many games

Thank you all for you time and patience!
Wesley

[edited by - wicked_Wesley on December 9, 2003 1:30:48 PM]
Have a nice dayWesley
Advertisement
quote:Original post by wicked_wesley
When I was at my local games shop I saw the game "Theme Hospital" at the discount shelfes, I had played this game (alot) before, but I lost it. So I bought the game, installed and when I played I noticed that it was also Isometric. Maybe it''s the oldest Isometric game?

No way. Not by a long shot. The original Populous by Bullfrog was isometric (and elevated), and it dates back to 1989. I''m sure there were more before that.

Image loads when I''m online!The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
Shameless promotion:
FreePop: The GPL Populous II clone.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
quote:Original post by Doc

No way. Not by a long shot. The original Populous by Bullfrog was isometric (and elevated), and it dates back to 1989. I'm sure there were more before that.

Cool I just started playing games back then, and I didn't played alot, I had like 2 games for a couple of years, lol

[edited by - wicked_Wesley on December 10, 2003 4:27:39 PM]
Have a nice dayWesley
The Last Ninja came out 1987 (Commodore 64) with isometric
perpspective and elevation.

Chimera (1986) and Ant Attack (1983).

hmm isometric has been around quite a while ^^

-----------------------------
www.OddGames.com

[edited by - Herr_O on December 10, 2003 4:01:00 AM]
Wow, nice pics :D The Ninja game doesn''t look so bad (I know GBA games which are more worse ) I didn''t knew isometric was that old. We have to keep up the tradition!!! So when people in the year 2694 say "Ahh, finally a new isometric game, they are way better then those virtual 9D games"

GO ISOMTERIC! :D
Have a nice dayWesley
Zaxxon, the earliest isometric game I know of, came out in 1982.

Get off my lawn!

aha, zaxxon is that old.. thought it was newer

-----------------------------
www.OddGames.com

[edited by - dw on May 10, 2004 7:38:14 PM]
http://www.mondonerd.com -> The home of The ISOJ2ME Project (a J2ME rpg game engine) and other cool softwares...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement